Monday, March 9, 2009

Here's to YOU Family and Friends!

                                                               About 5 weeks to go!!

We are taking the plunge! Joel and I know that it's not fair that we live so far away and that Braylin will be so far away once she arrives. Therefore, we decided to join the blogging world and attempt to keep everyone up to date on what's going on here in Oregon.  So this is for all of you so far away!

First, I want to thanks Sharon for the amazing blog design. What a talented and great friend! You can all thank her for getting us going and encouraging us to document our lives through a blog. 

The nursery is still a work in progress, but once we get it at least mostly finished, we'll post some pictures. We still have about 5 weeks...we have plenty of time to get it all done, right?!


Since Braylin Ivy is not here yet, I'll take this opportunity to tell about our lives right now. Joel and I have been in Oregon for about a year and a half. We are still really enjoying the northwest, and are looking forward to having some time to actually explore it. Our church is amazing and we are so thankful to have such a great support system. Joel is the youth minister, which has kept us busy and has really been a blast. Really all we do outside of church stuff is work. We co-own a fashion accessories store, ZIDA. What a learning experience it has been! None of us have had any business experience, but God has been so faithful to pull us through. We enjoy getting to know people in the community and being able to offer such affordable fun purses and jewelry (especially during this economic downturn). 

We'll get to work on the nursery and will post again soon.  


post signature

6 comments:

  1. AWESOME blog design! I love it! And look at you!!!! You are adorable!!! I couldn't picture you pg, so I am glad you posted a pic...you're precious. Love, love, love her name...it is extremely cute and very meaningful. I am so excited for you guys and hope the last few weeks go well...she is going to be one lucky baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Only 5 more weeks! You're blog is so cute! You can check our's out at www.casadecaram.blogspot.com.

    Good news...we are also expecting!! I'm due September 22nd. We are VERY excited, especially since we didn't know if we would be able to.

    I'm glad to see you are doing well. You look GREAT!!

    Love ya,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! a new post AND a belly pic!! you are beyond cute. you are so welcome for the blog design...thanks for letting me do it!

    hang in there...5 weeks is no time at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad that you guys started a blog!!! I am not very good at the whole Facebook thing, so this way will be MUCH easier for me to snoop into your life!! :)

    Love and miss you guys!

    Jane - you look incredible!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Please take my advice, even if the nursery is not done, be ready in other ways. Like have a bag packed now...I didn't and really wish I had, since tiny Tildon came 4 1/2 wks early. I can't wait to see more pictures, you are too stinking cute!!!
    Miss you so much!
    Jessica Hottmann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane - I am so happy to find you have a blog! I LOVE blogs and will be borderline crazy stalking it when you have that little girl because I love babies even more than blogs!

    Hope you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete