Monday, April 27, 2009

We made it!

Today was the first day without my family here, and we made it through! Braylin might have been confused about why she wasn't being held all day, but she did great in her swing and bouncer. She and I were able to be somewhat productive as well.

Day 1 was a success!!


Bray loves her swing. She loved looking around and watching the little elephants until she couldn't keep her eyes open any longer.

This was a last picture with Nanna and Poppy before they left. I'm pretty sure she misses them already. (I know Paisley girl does!!)


I'd like to say this is her tiny foot in dad's hand, but can you call a foot with toes that long tiny??



Dad snuggling with the girls

Aunt Jill with the girls. Paisley wants attention too!


It was great having my sister and parents here. I am realizing how much help they were now that I have spent a day alone with our little bundle. I am grateful for the help, but am enjoying learning about being a mom. I know that everyone says it, but time is already going by so quickly. I can't believe she is already over 2 weeks old. I'll continue to work on taking pictures all the time so we can capture and share these precious moments.

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I'll bet your parents were as sad to leave as you were to watch them go. But, HOORAY for you: You survived the day!!! And the good news is that it will get easier and easier. Holy moly - you were NOT kidding about those L-O-N-G toes. Perhaps she will be a ballerina... She is so beautiful - what a special time for you all. Jessica can't wait to meet her! And, you guys better make Josh change some diapers. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Her toes are DEFINITELY Ketchersid toes!!! LOVE IT!!!

    2) Her hair is much lighter than I expected.

    3) I WANT TO HOLD HER SOOOOO BAD!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she. is. so. cute! congrats again and again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so precious (that tiny little foot with the lonnnnng toes)! Enjoy your time without family there...you'll get used to it. And Jill, if you're reading this, your hair looks amazing!
    Braylin is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete